Friday, January 21, 2011

Movie Review - Akeela and the bee








For entertainment aspect this movie is quite interesting because the title suggests something fun and viewers might be wondering is the bee is a bee or something else and it is quite impossible for the viewers to have it in mind the bee is actually the spelling bee.

This story pretty much concerns about English and how Dr. Larabee manages to help Akeela in her spelling bee competition with Akeela's negative attitude shown at the beginning of the story. As a teacher to Akeela, Dr. Larabee is determined to help Akeela with everything he would come out with and the determination is what I need to keep me focus to finish my course. I wish I have a teacher like Dr. Larabee during my school time, because I really suck in English subject and there was a time I really hate English as much as I hate people who smoking! But still I have to thank all my teachers who taught me English because eventually, they managed to change my perception on English and to get me to the ground where I stand today. What happened in the story will definitely face by me when I teach in school in the future. The main lesson that could be gathered by me would be no matter who we are, we are still eligible to be a successful person one day. 

 

2 comments:

  1. I am totally impressed with the girl's vocabularies and her power of memory. Whao~ If only I could do that. I didnt hate English when I was young but I sure did hate other subjects. Nevertheless, with teacher's dedication, I began to like the subject. It's only through patience that one is successful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie is so awesome. It motivates me on how to be a determined teacher in the future. It also taught me that every student has their own potential and as a teacher, we should not underestimate our student.

    ReplyDelete