Sunday, January 16, 2011

Most remembered childhood story

Piglet And The Dark

When I was told that we have to tell a childhood story to the class, this story suddenly struck in my mind. I remembered how I asked my mom to buy this book
for me. This story taught me not to say no until we have tried to do something that we are afraid of. Like the main character in the story,
Piglet who afraid of the night and refuse to go out during the night time. Her concern friends tried to help her to overcome the fright
by taking her out during the night and showing her a star formation that looked exactly like Piglet. Since then she is not afraid of the
dark anymore because there is some one is looking after her.

One interesting element used in this story is the author used cute animals as the characters to attract children attention to
read the book. The author portrayed the characters just like the children themselves,they were very playful and love to spend time with their friends.
This story advocates the friendship value that should be taught to the children in early age and for that reason I think this book is suitable
for the children to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment